The all time classic potato salad....just try it !
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 5 to 6 med. potatoes, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, peeled, cubed, cooked
* 1 cup thinly sliced celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 3 eggs, hard-boiled
* 1 to 2 Tbs chopped green onions, optional garnish
* 1 tomato, cut in wedges, optional garnish
Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine well. Cover; chill for 2 or more hours for best flavor. Garnish with chopped green onion and tomato wedges if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.