- 3 pounds (7 1/2 cups) potatoes, pared, cooked & cooled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 1/4 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- parsley sprigs, for garnish
Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine potatoes, chopped eggs, cheese and green onions in large bowl. Mix mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture and toss.
Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend. Spoon into serving bowl; garnish with egg slices, parsley, and a few green olives if desired. The potato salad recipe of Swiss and cheddar is ready to serve...enjoy it !