Friday, August 1, 2008
French Potato Salad
The great French Potato Salad....tasty and o la la ..!
* 1 lb small white potatoes
* 1 lb small red potato
* 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
* 2 tablespoons chicken stock
* 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt
* 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
* 10 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/4 cup minced green onions (white and green parts)
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
* 2 tablespoons minced parsley
* 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil leaves
1.Cut potatoes in half, quarters if they are larger.
2.Steam until cooked--can pierce easily with fork (can boil if you prefer).
3.Drain in colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes.
4.Place in medium bowl and toss gently with the wine and chicken stock.
5.Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
6.Combine the mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
7.Add the vinegarette to the potatoes.
8.Add the green onions, dill, parsley, and basil.
9.Serve warm or at room temperature.